EACH WEEK students need to
- Check Teams for information posted - turn on notifications for your sports team
- Check the Draw– this is posted on the notice board outside Gym One. Draws and results are also available on the Canterbury School Sport Website schoolsport.org.nz and Canterbury Basketball https://canterbury.basketball/competitions/mcdonalds-thomson-whelan-draws/ and the Facebook Christchurch Schools Cycling page or there is a LHS Cycling Group facebook page you to ask to join
- Attend all compulsory team meetings, practices and games or notify your coach/manager if you are unable to attend.
- Check Sport Facebook page for messages
Being a member of a Lincoln High School sports team carries with it a number of responsibilities.
I agree to:
- represent Lincoln High School's tikanga
- abide by the principles of the fair play charter
- attend all meetings, practices and games or give reasonable notice for non-attendance
- wear the correct sports uniform and equipment for games (see policy below)
- pay by the due date the sports/uniform/bus fees (please note if a student should withdraw from a team the FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE).
- maintain a commitment to the team for the FULL DURATION of the season
- abide by the school regulations relating to travelling by private transport
- return all sports uniforms (washed) and equipment promptly after the season concludes
School policy states that students will be invoiced for the repair or replacement of any equipment or uniforms that are lost or damaged through misuse. Uniforms are to be returned within one week of the final game or you will be invoiced for the replacement cost
Students travelling to/from sport can wear the following:
- School tracksuit
- Black tracksuit pants or school tracksuit pants
- Red PE shirt or playing top
- School jersey
- Lincoln High School black raincoat
Failure to wear the correct sports uniform may result in the student being unable to travel to sport